Sometimes buying a new forklift just isn’t in the budget. Used forklifts are a clear alternative. Here are a few pointers to point you in the right direction:
- Used forklifts should really only be used in a single shift situation, no more than 4-5 hours a day, each day of the week
- Know what capacity and height you need
- There are different tires for different uses – what kind do you need? Cushion tires are mainly for indoor use, pneumatic tires are better for outdoor use, and solid pneumatic are also for outdoors, but mostly where there is a possibility of popping a tire (nails, glass, etc.).
- Electric forklifts have some advantages over Internal Combustion forklifts, but cannot be used in the rain
- Inspect the forklift – try this checklist from OSHA – have a qualified operator do this
- Like buying a car, you want to test drive it
- Do some research, give us a call at 704-816-8960 and ask questions